How to use two WhatsApp accounts on iPhone
WhatsApp has ingrained itself into every aspect of our existence. WhatsApp has more than 2 billion users, and that number is rising. It lacks some functionality, such as the ability to switch between different accounts on its app, that are typically available in programmes like Telegram.
Since when do cell phones support two SIM cards? With the two phone numbers they have, many users wish to establish two WhatsApp accounts. Sadly, even after so many years, WhatsApp does not have this feature.
Use WhatsApp Business to Set Up a Second Account
The WhatsApp Business app is widely used by people to communicate with business clients and consumers. It’s simple and cost-free to open a second WhatsApp account for commercial purposes. The next technique, however, only functions if you have Dual SIM enabled on your iPhone or an active SIM card in use on another device.
How to use WhatsApp Business to set up a second account
- On your iPhone, download WhatsApp Business.
- Launch WhatsApp Business after it has been successfully installed, then select Agree & Continue.
- It will now ask you if you want to keep using the same phone number for WhatsApp Business because you already have a WhatsApp account. Tap In order to open a second WhatsApp account, use a separate phone number.
- Enter the OTP you received on a different number now to verify your registration.
- In the top-right corner, tap Done.
- If WhatsApp was previously installed on that phone number, select Restore Chat History from iCloud Backup and tap Next. Otherwise, choose Skip.
- Next, enter your name and choose a profile picture.
- There is a choice for choosing your Business category below that. Select Not a business, then hit Done.
- Pick Next after following the directions and setting your choices.
- If a popup window appears, click Continue (the name does not adhere to the rules).
- Lastly, select Not Now.
I’m done now! You currently have a separate second WhatsApp account from your main account. You may begin forming groups, conducting WhatsApp calls, and sending and receiving messages.
Use the Whats up App to Mirror a Second Account
The WhatsApp app is an alternative if you think WhatsApp Business is too professional. This programme acts as a mirror for a smartphone with an active WhatsApp account.
- Get What’s up by visiting the App Store.
- Select the Dual tab after launching the What’s Up app. This takes you to a WhatsApp Web mobile app.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger on your secondary device.
- Choose Settings.
- To scan the QR code on your iPhone screen, select Link a Device.
The primary drawback of Whats up is the volume of advertisements. However, Whats up’s messaging design is much more suited for mobile devices than the majority of dual WhatsApp apps available on the App Store. Due to the fact that they show the desktop version of WhatsApp Web, the other applications are less user-friendly. You’ll find yourself having to enlarge and minimise your text as you read and enter it.